[Denver Post] - President Barack Obama insists the United States will maintain what he calls the best-equipped military in history despite deep and looming defense budget cuts.
In a rare appearance in the Pentagon briefing room, Obama has offered the outlines of an overhauled defense strategy. It is designed to contend with hundreds of billions of dollars in budget cuts and refocus the United States’ national security priorities after a decade dominated by the post.-Sept. 11 wars in Afghanistan and Iraq.
Obama says the military will be leaner but promises the world that the U.S. will maintain its “military superiority” with fighting forces ready for any threat.
The president says the strategy review centered on the military the country needs after the “long wars of the last decade are over.”
Ten Years and we go right back to Donald Rumsfeld’s ideas.
- zombizombi reblogged this from divineirony
- zombizombi likes this
- divineirony reblogged this from technipol
- imperialscythia likes this
- balloonsthenanimals likes this
- bostongrits likes this
- section9 likes this
- thesemicullen reblogged this from jasencomstock and added:
- jasencomstock reblogged this from technipol and added:
- jasencomstock likes this
- technipol posted this