It’s not okay because it’s a license to do things in the sexual realm that is counter to how things are supposed to be. They’re supposed to be within marriage, they are supposed to be for purposes that are, yes, conjugal, but also [inaudible], but also procreative. That’s the perfect way that a sexual union should happen. We take any part of that out, we diminish the act. And if you can take one part out that’s not for purposes of procreation, that’s not one of the reasons, then you diminish this very special bond between men and women, so why can’t you take other parts of that out? And all of a sudden, it becomes deconstructed to the point where it’s simply pleasure. And that’s certainly a part of it — and it’s an important part of it, don’t get me wrong — but there’s a lot of things we do for pleasure, and this is special, and it needs to be seen as special.
Ordinarily it wouldn’t even be worth my time to get upset by what Rick Santorum says, but considering that quite a few Republicans deem him fit to be the leader of the free world, I feel that it’s incumbent upon myself to help point out how batshit crazy he is.
I feel like every week the man manages to come out with something even more vile and divisive than the week before, but I think that his recent uneducated ramblings on birth control really take the cake.
For some reason older, white males in the Republican party have recently taken issue with birth control, even though the overwhelming majority of women in America (including Catholics) have used it and deemed it ok, something the Supreme Court agrees with and chose to protect.
Now Santorum is coming out and saying that sex for anything other than pro-creation is “counter to how things are supposed to be”, suggesting that sex with contraceptives is immoral and “libertine”.
Santorum’s fundamental (not to mention irresponsible) misunderstanding of science, sex and morality makes my head want to explode. We aren’t supposed to use birth control, condoms or have sex for anything other than pro-creation? Does he have any idea what century he’s living in? Does he have no conception of STD’s and how easily millions of deaths can be prevented every year? Does he have the slightest idea of how birth control even works? Does he really not know that sex is natural and in no way shameful and that it’s an important part of healthy relationships? I honestly feel bad for Santorum’s wife. By his math he’s only had sex with her 8 times in the 22 years they’ve been married.
Rick Santorum and other oblivious white, conservative males like him need to butt out of issues they don’t have the slightest idea about or right to be meddling with in the first place such as women’s healthcare and private sexual behavior. Hopefully after Rick Santorum loses this year’s election he will disappear back into the skewed, Dark Ages world he came from, leaving the rest of us to have as much safe, consensual, responsible, non-procreative and enjoyable sex as we want with whoever we want.
Wow, it’s really hard to believe that anyone is eating this shit. Is he going to go back to telling us masturbation is a sin, too?
I think he would say it is! and I think if you asked him, he would respond to the question.
- aimers likes this
- chris-archived likes this
- heykata likes this
- davenport-6 reblogged this from peterwknox and added:
- imathers likes this
- romeojulietsierra likes this
- peterwknox reblogged this from balltillifall and added:
- mabelleevangeline reblogged this from balltillifall
- murmurandshout likes this
- tmarie said: THANK YOU DEAN! GO TO HELL RICK!
- tmarie likes this
- thealuminummonster likes this
- absurdlakefront likes this
- imfourandwhatisthis reblogged this from redsuspenders and added:
- paulgordon likes this
- paradoxicallytrue said: YES. It’s like every week he sets out to top whatever horrifying statement he made the week before, and goddamnit every week he manages to do it. Unbelievable.
- jasonsmithtx likes this
- paradoxicallytrue likes this
- relovingit said: Well said.
- relovingit likes this
- ocaptainmycaptainmorgan reblogged this from redsuspenders and added:
- blewitt likes this
- coreykins reblogged this from tiffanyarei
- clubgloom likes this
- wanderlustandtethers likes this
- jasencomstock reblogged this from ifitseasy and added:
- jasencomstock likes this
- ifitseasy reblogged this from balltillifall and added:
- nickrecommends likes this
- lonesomecrowdedmidwest said: Plus, who doesn’t want to be a libertine?
- tiffanyarei reblogged this from balltillifall and added:
- andreabernadette likes this
- littlechief likes this
- balltillifall posted this