"The argument for having the Court kill the whole thing is more pragmatic than legal, I think — no one wants to see insurers go out of business because Congress ends up gridlocked and paralyzed on yet another issue. But don’t forget (a) the insurance industry has a lot of political muscle and they’ll bring the full force of it to bear on incumbent congressmen to find a solution and (b) given that we’re all going to have to put on our big-boy pants soon to reform Medicare, maybe a crisis now will be a wake-up call in forcing Congress to start thinking big. Surely they wouldn’t sit idly by while America’s health insurance industry disintegrated around them."
Sonia Sotomayor (via aatombomb)
I hate to break it to Sonya but ACA was the “full force” of the insurance industry.
A BIG way to think about solving Medicare is to get rid of it, right?
- resurrecthobbes likes this
- jjae likes this
- jasencomstock reblogged this from sexartandpolitics
- rumagin likes this
- bricksandmortarandchewinggum likes this
- sexartandpolitics reblogged this from jasencomstock
- pantslessprogressive likes this
- perzadook likes this
- jasencomstock likes this
- idroolinmysleep said: Oh, surely they won’t. Dear Justice Sotomayor, you’re entirely too naive.
- aatombomb posted this