1. He has pulled Romney to the right on key issues. Romney’s challenge has always been to convince the right wing of his party he is conservative enough without moving too far to the right and endangering his standing with swing voters in the general election. Santorum, a social (if not necessarily small-government) conservative of unimpeachable credentials, has made that much harder. Romney’s latest tax plan, for example, closely resembles a conservative plan previously released by Santorum. It’s been a similar story on a range of issues. But perhaps the most dangerous topic to have been pulled to the right on is contraception and women’s issues, which have become a flashpoint in the race. Santorum’s strict views forced the formerly pro-choice Romney to take stronger stands. Even with Santorum fading in recent weeks, those views have stuck to Romney, and he now trails President Obama among women by as much as 19 percent.
Read the rest. [Image: Reuters]
Comstock: care to point out all the wrong here?
Well I don’t think that it’s wrong, but like, is it Santorum’s fault that Romney had to “move” to the right? I mean, I think Romney was/is an unconvincing ‘Conservative’ and therefore people didn’t want to vote for him in the Republican primary. In this respect Conservative republicans followed the leader as it moved around, from Bachmann, to Perry, to Cain to Gingrich to Santorum. I don’t think Romney has ‘convinced’ (and like, can you even do that?) anyone of anything except of times and dates and wins.
The rest is kind of detritus. his tax plan? Romney has had some tax things that he puts out from last year and I guess he put out some new ones recently, but who cares, right?
I got 99 polls and the only problem Republicans have is beating Obama. they would probably not like to do it with a Mormon governor of Massachusetts SSR, who Obamacared before it was toxic, but they will.
But like, polls are polls and everyone is throwing up the latest Wapo/ABC with Obama over 50% nationally, and Romney sucking ass with everyone and everything- I think on issues, he only beats Obama nationally in shrinking the deficit and something else stupid. He’s down below where he should be with women and Latinos too. (quick, who is the only Republican who got more women votes for President than the Democrat?)
Is that because of the latest Komen/Obamacare/Catholicchurch/pill/invasivesonogram or Rick Santorum? what would republican support have been before the chain of controversies or Rick Santorum? who knows and good luck proving it.
anyway, coulda/shoulda/woulda. get out the etch-a-sketch.
He will get out his etch a sketch and reset now to his moderate Romnoidness. I think he is still in with a shot. The stories today of Obama campaign staff being cocky and thinking Romney is a joke scare me.
Ah, that question came out backwards- who was the last democrat to win a majority of male voters- Carter.
- santorumforgop likes this
- rlcstrk reblogged this from theatlantic
- kcalron likes this
- niqbailey reblogged this from theatlantic
- nomoretexasgovernorsforpresident likes this
- john-37058 reblogged this from theatlantic
- pigeonwrangler likes this
- onlylivingboy likes this
- minjung likes this
- hannnahdavid likes this
- intangentmausoleum likes this
- thedustatdawn likes this
- mctumblovin likes this
- ptan reblogged this from theatlantic
- eggznrice reblogged this from theatlantic
- bri-is likes this
- niqbailey likes this
- nickjetset likes this
- caramichele likes this
- si-dramatic likes this
- mostfleetingofall likes this
- circulation likes this
- section9 likes this
- poojajaja reblogged this from waitingonoblivion
- irideae likes this
- jasencomstock reblogged this from waitingonoblivion and added:
- muchtoocynical reblogged this from waitingonoblivion
- trevowens reblogged this from theatlantic
- waitingonoblivion reblogged this from jasencomstock and added:
- extraordinarilyordinaryme likes this
- waitingonoblivion likes this
- yungreina likes this
- floatingthoughtlessly likes this
- speckled-axe reblogged this from theatlantic
- theoneandonlyjarrett likes this
- sosanguine likes this
- aguilarrr likes this
- bringmewaterformymind reblogged this from theatlantic
- jasencomstock likes this
- resurrecthobbes likes this
- kevinpoliticks reblogged this from theatlantic and added:
- sickeninglyliberal likes this
- bokononice9 likes this
- dolce-dolore likes this
- blackberryblackberry reblogged this from theatlantic
- starvingjournal reblogged this from theatlantic
- starvingjournal likes this
- alifeofrandomness likes this
- lonelyvagabond likes this
- ivanerzz reblogged this from theatlantic