The writers ask, “Why should the mission statement of the sociology department at UC Santa Cruz claim that a “just, free and equal society” may require “fundamental social change”?”
They then say, The catalog description of UC Santa Barbara’s Feminist Studies 230 reads like a parody, offering the “experiences of women of color, both within the U.S. and globally, with interlocking systems of racism, classism, sexism, homophobia/transphobia, ableism and colonialism.”
They then use the testimonial of two undergraduate students to reinforce their claims. I’m not sure what to say about that but it’s dumb.
PFFFFFFFFFT. The night is young, I haven’t had enough drinks to deal with this.
The group they belong to sounds like stupid republican boilerplate nonsense. I kind of love that they cry about merit as the only reason to hire a teacher on their website, but in the Op-ed they point out the ratio of Republicans to Democrats in various departments.
- okmabelle likes this
- rogueish reblogged this from thenoobyorker and added:
- revolutiontrainee reblogged this from thenoobyorker and added:
- neuroticnewsjunkie likes this
- titivil reblogged this from jasencomstock and added:
- jasencomstock reblogged this from thenoobyorker and added:
- jasencomstock likes this
- friendofhagrid likes this
- thenoobyorker posted this