I grew up in New Mexico and raised by parents from Mexico and have always eaten tacos with cheese and iceberg lettuce. I even had them for lunch on Saturday. Most places in the southwest, including California, serve their tacos in this way…but there are the other ways too. I don’t think there is a wrong or right way.
Cheese, of any kind, has no business being on a fuckin’ taco.
Stop it right now!
Don’t even get me started on the chopped iceberg lettuce, either. Pull your shit together, man
I’m sure you have, everyone grew up eating them that way, but that’s not the way they were/are served in Mexico. Anything that’s served that way has been Americanized, in the way Chinese Food as we all know and love it (Tso’s Chicken was first developed in the US) is not at all representative of real Chinese cuisine but Americanized fastfood. Cheese and iceberg lettuce do not belong on an authentic taco and I find it revolting.
There is a wrong way and cheese and iceberg lettuce is it.
THERE IS A WRONG WAY.
BY GOD IT IS SO WRONG!
Why won’t tumblr include her werds in the reblog!
TUMBLR IS SO WRONG!
I think it’s very nice that in Mexico they serve tacos off street carts with no cheese or lettuce- if it’s any indication from U/N: Arthur Yucko, nee’ Cat’s photos today, the Mexicans themselves aren’t so keen on dishing out tacos in tortillas to be eaten by hand.
Therefore, only hipster Brooklyn tacos lack cheese and lettuce. See you in hell.
- meganlives likes this
- oregony likes this
- suchacard likes this
- tasteslikemora said: oh darlin’ you are so wrong! believe me it is not a “nymexicanrestaurants” thing, in mexico we eat tacos with cheese! ;)
- philk likes this
- resurrecthobbes likes this
- nedhepburn likes this
- philk reblogged this from artyucko and added:
- jasencomstock likes this
- thegreg likes this
- trainjuice said: Not every taco place claims to, or serves authentic tacos. Also, depending on the region of Mexico- soft Oaxacan cheese is served on ‘authentic’ tacos. So let folks eat what they want.
- jasencomstock reblogged this from littleorphanammo and added:
- mar-see-ah said: Some tacos in Mexico have queso fresco on them. And some just have radishes and pickled onions. Different areas of mexico, different styles.
- littleorphanammo reblogged this from rubiodispatch and added:
- jasencomstock said: cheese and lettuce was on all my tacos in California growing up.
- brevetcaptain likes this
- rubiodispatch reblogged this from littleorphanammo and added:
- sulitati likes this
- youtastelikenachos likes this
- littleorphanammo posted this