agree so much with the segment of liberals disdainful of unions. when the big 3 were in trouble I heard SO MANY liberals say something along the lines of “well yes but union salaries are the problem. they’re too high” and it was like, (1) no (2) no.
salaries are flat. how many graphs do we have showing how fucking flat salaries are for everyone in the USA since Reagan? benefits for unions, like everyone else, are expensive and growing and not taking in enough when workers are young and supporting them too long when they are old. Pensions, which were modeled expecting 8% growth for eternity and having states and companies skimp on pitching in over the years are going to quickly be at a breaking point. if you want to see what happens, check out what the federal government had to do for the postal union. 99 fuckin’ problems ALL around.
- businessinyoursituation reblogged this from jasencomstock and added:
- resurrecthobbes likes this
- jasencomstock reblogged this from businessinyoursituation and added:
- savagemike likes this
- harharhar likes this
- bricksandmortarandchewinggum likes this
- bouffantofbaul likes this
- jasencomstock posted this